About Face Has Opened a Skincare Clinic for Men
Auckland's first specialist skincare clinic for men opens in Ponsonby this week
Auckland's first specialist skincare clinic for men opens in Ponsonby this week. About Man will offer non-surgical skincare advice and treatments, including with laser and light technology. It is brother to the About Face skincare chain, which has a 30-year pedigree in skincare.
Founder Marianna Glucina, who runs the company with her brother Paul, says the move picked up on global trends for men to take more care of their appearance.
With 25 per cent thicker and generally oilier and rougher skins, men, she said, had particular needs, but also the same concerns as women in wanting to look their best and age well.
About Man services range from speed hair removal and nail care, express and indulgent facials and massages to advanced skincare programmes.
The clinic has its own downstairs space in About Face’s Jervois Rd day spa. The gentlemen's lounge provides a spot where men can enjoy a drink before treatments.
- About Man, 18 Jervois Rd, Ponsonby. Ph (09) 930 7565.
More Fashion / Men
- New Openings: Hamilton's Best Doughnuts Are Coming To Auckland & Onehunga Gets A Pacific Cakery
- Model Booker Tia Woods' NZ Fashion Week Beauty Routine
- Get Baking With These Banana Cake & Bread Recipes
- Designer Kathryn Wilson's NZ Fashion Week Beauty Routine
- Where To Eat, Shop & Stay Next Time You're In Queenstown
- Mediterranean Vegetable Tarte Tatin