Why Kate Moss Won't Pose Nude Anymore
And the other fashion news you missed this week
1. From her career-catapulting Calvin Klein campaign to posing for Playboy, Kate Moss has never been shy about going nude. But the 41-year-old supermodel says she won’t be doing any more explicit shoots because she doesn’t want to embarrass her 12-year-old daughter Lila Grace.
2. Mario Testino’s photographs of Princess Charlotte’s christening have been released, showing a glowing Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with their two young children and wider family. Testino, who was one of Princess Diana’s favourite photographers, says the intimate portraits capture the Cambridge’s strong family bond.
3. Kendall Jenner, Joan Smalls, Isabeli Fontana and Edita Vilkeviciute are the stars of Calvin Klein’s new fall underwear campaign “The Original Sexy”. The black and white images were shot by Mikael Jansson and showcase the brand’s iconic line of underwear.
4. American shoe retailer Steve Madden finds itself in another lawsuit, this time for allegedly knocking off Skechers’ “Go Walk” sneakers. Skechers has sued the company claiming that Madden has copied several details from that style of shoe, from the design of the upper and outsole as well as its unique style of sole.
5. The Metropolitan Museum of Art has announced its autumn exhibition will be based on the fashionable life of French Comtesse Jacqueline de Ribes. Jacqueline, now 85, has frequented best dressed lists and designed a line of high-end womenswear from 1982 to 1995.
— Jacqueline de Ribes: The Art of Style, November 19 to February 21, 2016.