Zoolander Lands First Vogue Cover
And the other fashion news you might have missed
1. Really really really ridiculously good-looking male model Derek Zoolander has landed his first Vogue cover alongside his Zoolander 2 co-star Penelope Cruz. The new film is in cinemas from February 11.
2. Considering investing your money? According to a new study by retailer Baghunter.com, the Hermes Birkin bag has increased in value by 500 per cent in the past 35 years, compared with traditional investments.
3. With the British Fashion Council looking at different ways to engage consumers, top designers Emilia Wickstead, Temperly London, Holly Fulton and Mary Katrantzou are showing their collections at a ticketed public event which occurs after London Fashion Week in February. For London Fashion Weekend, which is held two days after the trade event, the BFC plans to show one designer per day, with each runway show repeated two to four times. Brands Christopher Raeburn, House of Holland, Issa London and Peter Pilotto were part of London Fashion Weekend last season.
4. Model Gigi Hadid will show off her talents in the kitchen when she appears on US MasterChef’s Celebrity Showdown this week. She’s competing against fellow model Devon Windsor to raise money for charity.
- A Joyful Golden Globes Red Carpet Signals It's Okay To Enjoy Fashion Again
- Viva Talks Podcast: What Is It Really Like To Be A Model?
- 9 Wardrobe Staples You'll Find In Every Stylish Royal's Repertoire
- Want To Break Up With Fast Fashion? This New Book Is Here To Help
- Beach Goth: What To Wear In Summer If Your Favourite Colour Is Black
- 9 Golden Rules To Follow When Shopping For Sunglasses