Black Bean and Chicken Recipe
Experience the taste of Asia with this black bean and chicken recipe
BLACK BEANS WITH CHICKEN AND PEPPERS
• 2 tsp potato flour
• 2 Tbsp soy sauce
• 2 Tbsp sweet soy
• 2 Tbsp shaoxing
• Pinch salt
• 6-8 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 4
• 2 Tbsp oil
• 3 cloves garlic, sliced
• 1 Tbsp grated ginger
• 1 red and 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
• 1 cup black beans, cooked
• Pinch of chilli flakes
• 1 spring onion, sliced
• Coriander leaves to garnish
1. Place flour, both soy sauces, shaoxing, salt and chicken cubes in a bowl. Stir well, cover and leave to marinate, preferably overnight, or for at least 2 hours.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan or wok. Add garlic and ginger, cooking quickly for 2 minutes. Add peppers and cook until still a little crunchy. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add a little extra oil if needed. Fry chicken, browning on all sides, and cook through. Add a little water if the pan gets too hot.
4. Return peppers to pan with beans, chilli and spring onion. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle with coriander and serve hot with brown rice.Share this:
- Halston: The Rise & Fall Of One Of America's Greatest Fashion Designers
- The NZ International Film Festival Begins & Other Fun Things To Do This Weekend
- Winter Bulghur Wheat Salad With Cauliflower & Goat's Feta
- Why Fame Hasn't Been The Same Since John F. Kennedy Jr & Carolyn Bessette
- 11 Animal Print Pieces To Add A Wild Side To Your Wardrobe
- What It's Like To Volunteer At An Animal Sanctuary For A Day