Chocolate Marshmallow Slice Recipe
The texture and sweetness of this slice is a delight
CHOCOLATE MARSHMELLOW SLICE
Makes 16 pieces
• 125g butter
• ½ cup sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1¼ cup self-raising flour
• 2 tsp gelatine
• ½ cup boiling water
• 1 cup sugar
• ½ tsp strawberry flavouring
• 2 drops red food colouring
• 120g melted chocolate, slightly cooled
1. Preheat an oven to 180C. Line a 20cm x 30cm tin with baking paper.
2. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy. Stir through the flour. Press mixture evenly into base of tin evenly. Bake for 20 minutes until cooked. Cool.
3. Sprinkle gelatine over boiling water and stir to dissolve. Beat sugar, flavour, colour and gelatine on high with an electric beater for a few minutes or until the mixture is light, fluffy and nearly cooled. Spread over base. Set in fridge.
4. When marshmallow is completely set, spread over the chocolate and return to fridge. Cut into pieces when cold.Share this:
- Helena Bonham Carter On The Crown & Her Own Eccentric Family
- Christmas Gift Guide: The Best Presents For The Health-Conscious Beauty Buff In Your Life
- 4 Eco-Friendly Ways To Wrap Gifts This Christmas
- How Costume Designer Jacqueline Durran Dressed The Cast Of Little Women
- Christmas Gift Guide: The Best Presents For The Art & Culture Lover In Your Life
- Favourite Things: Musician Anthonie Tonnon