Chocolate Marshmallow Slice Recipe
The texture and sweetness of this slice is a delight
CHOCOLATE MARSHMELLOW SLICE
Makes 16 pieces
• 125g butter
• ½ cup sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1¼ cup self-raising flour
• 2 tsp gelatine
• ½ cup boiling water
• 1 cup sugar
• ½ tsp strawberry flavouring
• 2 drops red food colouring
• 120g melted chocolate, slightly cooled
1. Preheat an oven to 180C. Line a 20cm x 30cm tin with baking paper.
2. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy. Stir through the flour. Press mixture evenly into base of tin evenly. Bake for 20 minutes until cooked. Cool.
3. Sprinkle gelatine over boiling water and stir to dissolve. Beat sugar, flavour, colour and gelatine on high with an electric beater for a few minutes or until the mixture is light, fluffy and nearly cooled. Spread over base. Set in fridge.
4. When marshmallow is completely set, spread over the chocolate and return to fridge. Cut into pieces when cold.Share this:
- From Bowl Haircuts To Bronzer: Comedian & Actor Chris Parker’s Beauty Routine
- Wynn Hamlyn Set To Open Its First Retail Store At Commercial Bay
- Every Look From Prada's Spring/Summer 2021 Collection
- Wholesome Pursuits, Gripping TV Shows & More Fun Things For The Weekend
- Watch: Miuccia Prada & Raf Simons' Debut Collection For Prada Womenswear Spring/Summer 2021
- Lillius Doesn't Disappoint With Its Relaxed Menu