Lamb and Chickpea Soup Recipe
For a more hearty soup, try this chunky one with lamb and chickpeas
LAMB AND CHICKPEA SOUP
• 2 lamb knuckles or hocks
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 leek, sliced
• 1 onion, chopped
• 4 cloves garlic
• 1 carrot, chopped
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp cumin
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• 3 bay leaves
• 4 sprigs thyme
• 4 tomatoes
• 1 litre chicken stock or water
• 2 cups cooked chickpeas
• 1 cup diced potatoes
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• ½ cup chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 200. Place lamb on a baking tray and cook in oven for 30 minutes, to allow fat to drip off. Remove lamb from tray, discarding the fat.
2. In a large pot, heat oil. Add leek, onion and garlic. Cook slowly, covered, for 8-10 minutes until leeks are completely soft. Add carrot, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon and bay leaves. Stir for a minute, then add thyme, tomatoes and stock. Add lamb to pot. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add chickpeas and potatoes and cook for 30 more minutes. Remove lamb and, using two forks, remove meat from bones and return to soup.
3. Add parsley and serve.Share this:
- Ready Boots? A Sneak Preview Of Deadly Ponies' Debut Footwear Collection
- Back To The Future: What's Happening To Modern Pop Culture?
- Wuthering Heights: Exquisite Outfits That Spell 'Windswept Chic'
- 7 Cult Classic Mascaras To Take Your Lashes To New Heights
- Hot Take: Your Fashion & Beauty Refresher For The Week Of 04/07/22
- Never Leave The House Thanks To These Sensational Slippers