Petite Kitchen's Almond Crumble Banana Bread
Eleanor Ozich shares a wholesome almond crumble bread sweetened with molasses
Wonderfully wholesome, moist, and just barely sweetened with dark and sticky molasses. Honey or maple will work well, although it will yield a milder flavour. I recommend enjoying it warm from the oven, thickly sliced and smothered with salted butter.
ALMOND CRUMBLE BANANA BREAD
• 4 large free-range eggs
• 1 cup nut butter*
• 2 ripe bananas
• ½ cup rice flour or flour of your choice
• 1/3 cup molasses, maple or honey also works well
• ½ cup coconut oil or butter, melted
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1 tsp baking soda
• cup roughly ground almonds for topping
* I like to use almond butter. I recommend making your own as it can be expensive to buy.
1. Preheat oven to 160C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Add all ingredients except ground almonds into a food processor or high-powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
3. Pour batter into loaf tin, and then sprinkle ground almonds on top.
4. Bake in oven for 1 hour, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in middle of loaf.
5. Leave to cool slightly before slicing. Will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
• For more from Eleanor Ozich see petite-kitchen.com