How Much Would You Pay for a Gold-Dusted Cupcake?
This elaborate treat is for a worthy cause
To support this year’s SPCA Cupcake Day, dessert bar and patisserie Milse has created an elaborate treat to be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
The chocolate cake is filled with layers of salted caramel buttercream, covered in a 62 per cent satilia Valrhona chocolate ganache and wrapped in a coat of gold-dusted chocolate.
The winner of the Trade Me auction will get to eat the cake as part of a three-course dinner at Britomart’s Ortolana with three friends.
SPCA Cupcake Day, which is on August 24, is now in it’s seventh year, with last year’s event raising $330,000 in support of fighting animal cruelty. The organisation encourages people to bake, sell and eat cupcakes to raise money for your local SPCA.
For more information on the event and to find out how you can get involved, see spcacupcakeday.co.nz.
- Before Paris & Kim, Fashion Icon Gloria Vanderbilt Was The Original Influencer
- The Best Rhubarb Recipes To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
- Live Like A Local: Writer Mika Reilly In Tokyo
- Live Like A Local: Videographer Tim Lambourne In Tokyo
- What To Eat, See & Do In Shibuya, Tokyo's Most Exciting Suburb
- Still Cool: Ollies Ice Cream Parlour