A Tropical Raw Slice Recipe by Petite Kitchen
Eleanor Ozich of Petite Kitchen packs nutrients and flavour into this summery slice
This luscious slice is made with all-natural ingredients and packed with healthy fats from the nuts and avocado. The filling is sensationally creamy and rich without being over-the-top sweet. I used raw honey in the recipe, as I adore honey and lime as a combination, although you could use brown rice syrup or pure maple to sweeten also.
RAW TROPICAL LIME, AVOCADO AND BANANA SLICE
Makes 9 slices
• ½ cup sunflower seeds
• ½ cup almonds, or nuts of your choice
• ¼ cup virgin coconut oil
• 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
• A pinch of sea salt
• Grated zest and flesh of 2 limes
• ½ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
• ¼ cup blanched almonds or cashews
• ¼ cup honey, maple or brown rice syrup
• Flesh of 2 avocados
• 2 ripe bananas
• Handful of shredded coconut
1. To make the base, add all ingredients into a food processor and process until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
2. Press mixture evenly into a slice tin lined with baking paper.
3. To make the filling, add ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, and then pour on top of base.
4. Spread out evenly using back of a spoon.
5. Place slice into freezer to set for at least two hours.
6. Remove from freezer and slice into squares. Store in the fridge or freezer.
*Refined sugar free