Almond Butter-Stuffed Dates Recipe
Biting into a date stuffed with almond butter is pure decadence
Homemade almond butter is my favourite, although other flavours and bought versions work just as well. These sweet morsels make the perfect end to a meal and are a great for a snack during the day. It is essential to use fresh dates — the dry ones can be a bit chewy.
ALMOND BUTTER-STUFFED DATES
• 12 fresh dates
• ¼ cup almond butter
• 150g dark chocolate, chopped roughly
• ½ cup toasted shredded coconut
1. Slice the dates down one side and carefully remove the stones. Spoon a little butter into each date. Sit on a piece of baking paper.
2. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Remove from the heat.
3. Dip the dates carefully into the chocolate and roll to cover completely.
4. After coating, toss half the dates in the shredded coconut.
5. Place dates back on the baking paper and allow to cool completely before eating.