Almond Meringue Cookies Recipe
Bake these for a cheeky afternoon tea
ALMOND MERINGUE COOKIES
Makes approximately 20
• 3/4 cup caster sugar
• 1/3 cup plain flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
• 1¼ cups whole almonds, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Line a baking tray.
2. Sift together the sugar, flour and baking powder.
3. Add egg whites and beat until well combined. Stir in almonds. The mixture will be quite wet.
4. Scoop spoonfuls of the mixture and place on baking paper leaving space between. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Let cool.Share this: