Asparagus, Roasted Garlic & Poached Eggs On Toast
Step up your breakfast game with this cafe-quality combination
Eggs and beautifully cooked asparagus are a match made in heaven. Crush roasted garlic over the top with wilted spinach and feta on your favourite chunky toast. Say no more.
ASPARAGUS, ROASTED GARLIC & POACHED EGGS RECIPE
12 cloves garlic, peeled
2 Tbsp good quality olive oil
Sprinkle of salt
1 bunch asparagus
4 thick slices of your favourite toast
½ cup Italian parsley
1. Preheat an oven to 170C.
2. Place the garlic cloves and olive oil in a small ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with salt and place in the oven for 25 minutes or until the garlic is soft and squishy.
3. Cook the asparagus in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes or until done to your liking.
4. Poach the eggs in water with a dash of white vinegar.
5. Wilt the spinach in a pot or in the microwave for 1 minute.
6. Pile toast with the spinach, eggs, asparagus, a crumble of feta and garlic. Sprinkle over parsley.
7. Enjoy with a strong hot coffee.Share this: