Banana and Mango Tapioca Recipe
This sweet island treat must-try, made up of a staple part of the daily diet in Fiji - bananas and mango
BANANA AND MANGO TAPIOCA
• 150g tapioca
• 4 Tbsp raw sugar
• 2 small bananas, sliced
• 1 cup chopped mango
• 400ml coconut cream
• ½ tsp grated ginger
• 1/3 cup sultanas
• ¼ cup chopped roasted cashews
1. Cook the tapioca in a large pot as per packet instructions until glassy looking. Drain and rinse.
2. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar in a warm frying pan. Add the banana and mango, cooking for a few minutes to caramelise. Set aside.
3. Place the coconut cream and remaining sugar in a small pot and bring to a boil. Add the ginger, tapioca and sultanas while boiling. Reduce to a simmer and add the bananas and mango to heat through.
4. Serve warm with cashews.Share this:
- Where To Find The Best Cheap Eats In Tokyo
- Designer Clothing Pop-Ups Galore & Other Fun Things To Do This Weekend
- Where To Find Stylish Japanese Homewares In Auckland
- Where To Shop In Tokyo: 12 Of The Best Places To Buy Clothes
- Chocolate-Dipped Raw Peanut Butter Cookies
- Jesse Mulligan Reviews Japanese Restaurant Taiko In Kingsland