Where to Go: Bedford Soda and Liquor, Takapuna
Ponsonby Central favourite Bedford Soda and Liquor has expanded to Takapuna
Cocktail and meatball maestros Bedford Soda and Liquor have expanded from Ponsonby Central, opening another restaurant in Takapuna in the space formerly occupied by Blunderbuss Pizza. The New York-style bar, which takes its name from Bedford Ave, the road that cuts though NYC’s Williamsburg, specialises in hand-crafted seasonal cocktails.
New for autumn/winter are the Second Amendment (Gunpowder Rum, white rum, watermelon, Aperol, orgeat syrup and lime) and the Strawberry Americano (Campari, sweet vermouth and a spiced strawberry shrub).
Unique to the new Takapuna restaurant is the tiki cup which the Spanish Harlem cocktail is served in. Learn the recipe below.
• The new Bedford Liquor and Soda is at McKenzie Precinct, 21 Hurstmere Rd, Takapuna. Visit bedfordsodaliquor.co.nz
BEDFORD SODA AND LIQUOR'S SPANISH HARLEM COCKTAIL RECIPE
Cup: Tiki. Ice: Crushed. Garnish: Mint, flower, tiki.
20ml Amaro Montenegro
30ml pineapple juice
15ml lemon juice
2 dashes of Tiki Bitters
Shake and double strain to serve.Share this:
- The Coolest Looks From The Grammys Red Carpet 2020
- Scarlett Johansson's Beauty Evolution: Her Best Red Carpet Looks
- 10 Of The Most Wearable Menswear Trends From Paris Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2020
- Work It: 8 Beauty Products That Deserve Pride Of Place On Your Desk
- Wholesome Apricot Oat Slice
- Still Cool: Ollies Ice Cream Parlour