Black Pudding and Beetroot Burger Recipe
You can't go past Angela Casley's home-made beetroot burger recipe
We all have our favourite fillings when building a burger, whether it’s an egg, blue cheese or just your favourite home-made dressing. There is no right or wrong filling here. You will find good, old-fashioned black pudding in the sausage department at your local supermarket — or ask your butcher.
BLACK PUDDING AND BEETROOT BURGER RECIPE
• 400g mince beef
• 200g black pudding, chopped into small pieces
• 1 cup grated raw beetroot
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 egg
• ¼ cup chopped parsley
• ½ tsp ground cumin
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• Serving options
• Turkish bread
• Bacon, brie slices, lettuce tomato, aioli
1. Into a large bowl place the mince, black pudding, beetroot, onion, garlic, egg, parsley, cumin, salt and pepper. Combine well, using a fork or hands. Divide the mixture into four even-sized balls. Using damp hands, shape into burger patties, cover and refrigerate until needed.
2. Prepare the remaining ingredients to go into your burger.
3. Heat a barbecue or frying pan to a medium heat and cook the patties turning once. Cook the bacon, top the hot patties with the brie to melt it slightly.
4. Warm the bread, build the burgers to your liking and serve while hot.Share this: