Butter Bean Blondies Recipe with Chocolate Chunks
Try these deliciously dense butter bean blondies from Petite Kitchen
Softly textured, butter bean blondies. Lightly firm on the outside, extraordinarily dense and crumbly on the inside. The moment you break into each with a fork, large chunks of dark chocolate are blissfully revealed. Best enjoyed on the day they are made, although they will keep for a few days in an airtight container.
BUTTER BEAN BLONDIES RECIPE WITH CHOCOLATE CHUNKS
Makes 12 squares
• 1 can butter beans, drained
• ½ cup almond butter, or nut butter of your choice
• ½ cup rapadura, coconut or muscovado sugar
• 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil or butter
• 1 free range egg, or flaxseed egg
• 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
• 100g good quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1.Pre-heat the oven to 170C and grease a baking tin.
2. Combine all ingredients except for the chocolate to a food processor, and blend until you have a smooth batter. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
3. Tip the mixture into the baking tin, and smooth out evenly.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until lightly golden on top and firm around the edges. Leave to cool in the tin before slicing in to squares.
• For more from Eleanor Ozich see petite-kitchen.com