Butter Beans Recipe with Fennel
Try this simple butter beans recipe by Eleanor Ozich of Petite Kitchen
I love the hard white flesh and clean bite of a fennel bulb. Astonishingly beautiful in paper thin slices, it has a certain crisp freshness. I find the anise flavour enticing and gorgeous. In this simple side dish, I have paired the elegant root vegetable with creamy butter beans and a sharp apple cider vinaigrette.
BUTTER BEANS RECIPE WITH FENNEL AND TOASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
Serves 4 as a side or 2 as a light lunch
• 1 bulb of fennel
• 3 cups cooked butter beans
• 4 spring onions, finely sliced
• 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
1. Remove the ends from the fennel bulb, reserving the fronds. Slice the bulb in half lengthwise, and then finely slice. Roughly chop the fronds.
2. In a salad bowl, combine the fennel and fennel fronds with the butter beans, spring onions, apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and toasted pumpkin seeds. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper, then toss well.
• For more from Eleanor Ozich see petite-kitchen.com