Buttered Balsamic Lentils Recipe
Try this delicious lentils recipe with portobello mushrooms from Petite Kitchen
This is a meal that I find both tantalising and delicately balanced. Gentle, cooked lentils, tossed in a lemony butter and balsamic sauce. This has become one of those recipes I simply can't get enough of.
BUTTERED BALSAMIC LENTILS RECIPE WITH PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
Serves 4 as a side, or 2 as a main
• 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
• 3 portobello mushrooms, sliced in to pieces about 1 cm thick
• 6 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
• 2 cans of lentils, drained and rinsed
• 3 handfuls of baby spinach, kale or silverbeet, finely chopped
• 1 cup pre-roasted pieces of pumpkin
• 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
• juice of a lemon
• sea salt
1. Warm the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the portobello mushrooms and garlic, and cook, while stirring for 4-5 minutes.
2. Add the lentils, spinach, pumpkin, balsamic vinegar, and season well with salt and pepper. Toss until well combined
3. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the dish begins to smell nutty and fragrant. Squeeze over the lemon juice then serve.
• For more from Eleanor Ozich see petite-kitchen.com