Cabbage Salad Recipe with Pear and Chorizo
Amanda Laird makes a delicious Autumn salad
CABBAGE SALAD WITH PEAR, CHORIZO AND MINT
• 4 pears
• 2 Tbsp butter
• 3 Tbsp white wine
• 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 2 chorizo sausages, halved and sliced finely
• 100g green cabbage, finely sliced
• 100g red cabbage, finely sliced
• 30g fresh mint leaves, sliced
• 1 gherkin
• 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1 tsp brown sugar
• 3 Tbsp mint leaves
• 1 cup olive oil
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
• Salt to taste
1. Halve the pears, remove the core then slice.
2. Heat a fry pan. Warm the butter and wine then gently cook the sliced pears for at least 15 minutes or until tender. Let cool then remove the pear slices and reserve the sauce.
3. Add the balsamic and olive oil to the warm pan then add the sliced chorizo with the two types of cabbage. Put on the lid and let gently cook for 5 minutes. Toss the pears, chorizo and cabbage with the fresh mint before serving with the dressing.
4. To make the dressing; place the gherkin, mustard, sugar and mint into the bowl of a food processor. Combine until smooth with the olive oil .
5. Add the lemon juice then taste for seasoning before serving with the salad.Share this: