Tropical Cashew & Coconut Crumb On Grilled Fruit
A taste of summer's ripe offerings, and a hint of cinnamon
For a very quick dessert, whip up this cashew crumb with a hint of cinnamon. I like to use a variety of fruits to ensure everyone's favourite is included. Serve with creamy mascarpone.
CASHEW AND COCONUT CRUMB ON GRILLED FRUIT RECIPE
½ cup roughly chopped cashews
½ cup shredded coconut
¼ cup rolled oats
½ tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp melted butter
¼ cup rice syrup or brown sugar
4 plums, halved, stones removed
4 apricots, halved, stones removed
4 nectarines, halved, stones removed
1 cup whole cherries
Zest and juice of 1 lime or lemon
1. Preheat an oven to 180C.
2. To make the crumb, combine the cashews, coconut, oats, cinnamon, butter and rice syrup.
3. Place the stonefruit on an oven tray, cut side up. Sprinkle with lime zest and juice then top with the crumb mixture.
4. Bake the fruit for 10 minutes until softened, but not collapsed, then grill for a further 5 minutes until the crumb is crispy and lightly browned.
5. Serve warm with mascarpone, a garnish of lime zest and a squeeze of lime juice.Share this:
More Food & Drink
EASY WEEKDAY RECIPES
- Vegetable Bolognese
- These Buildable Chicken & Mayo Lettuce Cups Are Refreshingly Easy To Make
- Seared Kingfish With Fresh Greens
- This Crumbed Fish Toasted Sandwich With Pea Mash Is An Easy Lunch Idea
- Make The Most Of Your Pantry Staples With These Smart Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Recipes To Fuel Your Morning