Cheddar Brulee Recipe
This cheddar brulee is the simplest, yet most impressive, starter
• 200ml cream
• 4 eggs
• Pinch nutmeg
• 60g tasty cheddar cheese, grated finely
• 2 Tbsp caster sugar
• To serve, blanched broccolini or asparagus
1. Place 4-6 small glasses on a tray and cool in the fridge for 15 minutes.
2. In a heatproof bowl place the cream, eggs, nutmeg and cheese. Whisk until well combined.
3. Place the bowl over a small saucepan filled with enough water to simmer without touching the bowl. Stir continuously for 10-15 minutes until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Do not let it overheat or the eggs will curdle.
4. Divide the custard evenly among your glasses. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
5. Just before serving, sprinkle with sugar and place under a hot grill for 2 minutes or use a brulee torch. Serve with the blanched vegetables.Share this:
- Jennifer Lawrence's Beauty Evolution: Her Best Red Carpet Looks
- New Skin-Tracking Research Set to Enhance The Efficacy of Skincare
- An Unforgettable Stay At Fiji's Luxurious Paradise Cove Resort
- What Does 'Clean' Beauty Really Mean? Beauty's New Buzzword Explained
- How Sustainability In Salons Is Shaking Up The Hair Industry
- Looks Of The Week 14/06/19