Cherry and Chocolate Tart Recipe
Try Angela Casley's mouth watering cherry and chocolate tart recipe
CHERRY AND CHOCOLATE TART RECIPE
• 160g flour
• 2 Tbsp cocoa
• 100g cold butter, cubed
• 2 Tbsp caster sugar
• 1 egg
• 2 Tbsp water
• 300g cherries, halved and stoned
• ¼ cup brandy
• ¼ cup caster sugar
• 200ml cream
• 200g dark chocolate, cut into small pieces
• 2 eggs
• ¼ tsp almond essence
• Whipped cream or yogurt to serve
1. Preheat an oven to 180C.
2. First make the pastry — place the flour, cocoa, butter and sugar into a processor. Blitz until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the eggs and water and mix to form a dough.
3. Roll the dough on a lightly floured bench and line a 23cm tart tin. Cool the pastry shell in the fridge for 20 minutes then bake blind for 20 minutes until cooked.
4. For the filling, combine the cherries with the brandy and sugar in a bowl.
5. Heat the cream to boiling point, remove from the heat then add the chopped chocolate stirring until completely smooth. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then add the eggs, one at a time, and the almond essence.
6. Place the cherry mix in the base of the tart. Pour over the smooth chocolate mixture. Bake in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes.
7. Cool completely before serving sliced with a dollop of whipped cream.Share this: