Crisp Chicken & Mayo Lettuce Cups
Fresh and crunchy, these lettuce cups are ideal for a picnic
These are equally good with baby cos leaves. If you like anchovies, chop a couple and add them to the mixture. They provide a salty quality that is hard to beat.
CHICKEN MAYO LETTUCE CUPS RECIPE
4 cups shredded chicken
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 Tbsp capers, roughly chopped
2 Tbsp chopped dill
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ cup sour cream
½ cup mayonnaise
8 iceberg lettuce cups
¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
1 cups watercress, to garnish
Extra lemon, to squeeze
1. Into a large bowl place the chicken, spring onions, capers, dill, parsley, juice, zest and mayo. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Combine the sour cream and mayonnaise, then mix through the chicken.
3. Spread out the lettuce cups and fill evenly with the mixture. Sprinkle over a few almonds and garnish watercress leaves. Squeeze over lemon.
4. Refrigerate until ready to leave for your picnic.Share this:
More Food & Drink
EASY WEEKDAY RECIPES
- Vegetable Bolognese
- These Buildable Chicken & Mayo Lettuce Cups Are Refreshingly Easy To Make
- Seared Kingfish With Fresh Greens
- This Crumbed Fish Toasted Sandwich With Pea Mash Is An Easy Lunch Idea
- Make The Most Of Your Pantry Staples With These Smart Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Recipes To Fuel Your Morning