Warming Fijian Chicken & Potato Curry Recipe
Full of great flavour, this Fijian curry recipe will provide plenty of comfort this winter
Fijian-Indian style of curries are not too creamy and are a great style of curry to eat with family and friends over the winter period. If you're looking to try this as a vegetarian option, replace the chicken with extra eggplant. Great accompanied by tasty roti or naan bread.
CHICKEN AND POTATO CURRY
2 Tbsp oil
2 onions, chopped
6 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp grated ginger
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp fenugreek seeds
2 Tbsp curry powder
¼ tsp chilli flakes
6-8 chicken thighs, skin removed
8 curry leaves
1 chopped tomato
2 cups water
2 large potatoes, cubed
1 eggplant, cubed
2 Tbsp coriander, to garnish
1. Heat the oil to a medium in a large pot. Add onion and garlic then cook for 3 or 4 minutes until soft. Add ginger, cumin, mustard seeds, fenugreek, curry and chilli. Stir until fragrant - about 2 minutes. Add the chicken, curry leaves, tomato, water, potatoes and aubergine.
Bring to a simmer.
2. Cook for 30-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables soft.
3. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with homemade roti.Share this:
More Food & Drink
EASY WEEKDAY RECIPES
- Vegetable Bolognese
- These Buildable Chicken & Mayo Lettuce Cups Are Refreshingly Easy To Make
- Seared Kingfish With Fresh Greens
- This Crumbed Fish Toasted Sandwich With Pea Mash Is An Easy Lunch Idea
- Make The Most Of Your Pantry Staples With These Smart Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Recipes To Fuel Your Morning