Chickpea Bake Recipe
This is perfect scooped on to warm pitas, says Angela Casley
CHICKPEA BAKE RECIPE
Serves 10 for pre-dinner
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 rashers bacon, chopped
½ tsp paprika
420g tin chickpeas, drained
2 tomatoes, chopped roughly
2 Tbsp tahini
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp water
½ tsp salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup slivered almonds
To serve Greek yoghurt, pita or flat bread
Coriander to garnish
Lemon wedges, to squeeze
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic cooking for 2 or 3 minutes. Add the bacon and paprika, cook for 4 minutes until it has a bit of colour. Add half the chickpeas and tomatoes. Stir through to warm, then remove from the heat.
3. In a kitchen blender place the remaining half of the chickpeas, tahini, lemon, water, salt and pepper. Blitz until smooth.
4. Add the blended mixture to the pan and stir through.
5. Oil an ovenproof dish well. Pour the bake mixture into the dish. Crumble the feta over the top and sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 20 minutes or until the feta is soft and creamy.
6. Remove from the oven and dollop with yoghurt. Sprinkle on coriander.
7. Scoop onto pita to eat, squeeze with lemon and enjoy while warm.Share this: