Chocolate, Raspberry and Grand Marnier Semifreddo Recipe
Rich and delicious, this dessert is a must-try
CHOCOLATE, RASPBERRY AND GRAND MARNIER SEMIFREDDO
¼ cup Grand Marnier
200g dark chocolate
½ cup frozen raspberries, crushed slightly
½ cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
Extra raspberries to garnish
1. Line a loaf tin with plastic wrap leaving an overhang at both ends.
2. Place eggs and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Whisk until well combined. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water, without it touching the water. Continue to whisk until the mixture is light, creamy and doubled in volume. Add the Grand Marnier, remove from the heat and continue to whisk until cool. This may be done over iced water to speed up the process.
3. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt over the simmering water. Remove and cool slightly.
4. Whisk the cream until it forms soft peaks.
5. Fold the chocolate into the egg mixture, then fold the cream through. When well combined, gently fold the raspberries and hazelnuts through. Pour into your lined tin. Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
6. Remove from the freezer a few minutes before serving. You can slice the semifreddo or scoop out of the tin. Decorate with extra raspberries.Share this:
- 12 Stylishly Practical Raincoats To Buy Right Now
- Will The Future Be Fun? With These 20 Ideas, It Could Be
- A Highly Satisfying Brussels Sprout & Cauliflower Salad With Miso Glaze
- Inside 'Harry's House', A Delicious Party Record From A Big Romantic
- Dare To DIY This Ball Season? Here's What You Need To Know
- Embrace Your Inner Gourmand With 15 Cosy Dining Essentials