Chocolate Whiskey Mud Cakes Recipe
Savour melt-in-your-mouth chocolate pudding infused with a kick
If you make these delightful little cakes ahead of time, place them back in the oven to warm through for 5 minutes before serving with the sauce and a scoop of icecream.
CHOCOLATE WHISKEY MUD CAKES
200g caster sugar
150g dark chocolate
2 Tbsp whiskey
200g plain flour
2 Tbsp cocoa
½ tsp baking powder
Chocolate whiskey sauce
100g chocolate, chopped
Whiskey to taste (1-2 Tbsp)
Icecream and passionfruit pulp
1. Preheat an oven to 160C. Grease and line the base of 5 x 200ml cups or molds.
2. Into a bowl over simmering water place the sugar, milk, butter, chocolate and whiskey, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove and cool to room temperature.
3. Sift into the chocolate mixture the flour and cocoa, then stir through the egg until smooth. Pour into your molds and bake for 25 minutes. It's good if they're a little gooey in the middle.
4. For the chocolate sauce, bring the cream to the boil, then remove from the heat. Add the chocolate, stirring until smooth. Then stir through whiskey
5. Serve with a scoop of icecream and top with passionfruit pulp.Share this: