Christmas Cake Truffles Recipe
These delicious morsels by Eleanor Ozich are a festive treat
These wholesome little truffles have a fruity fudge filling with hints of lemon zest and warming spices. Dipped in pure dark chocolate, each morsel is then rolled in crushed pumpkin seeds and shredded coconut.
CHRISTMAS CAKE TRUFFLES RECIPE
Makes 12-15 truffles
• ½ cup prunes, roughly chopped
• ½ cup raisins or sultanas
• ½ cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
• ½ cup cashew nuts, roughly chopped
• Juice and zest of ½ an orange
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• ½ tsp ground nutmeg
For the coating
• 250g good quality dark chocolate
• ½ cup crushed pumpkin seeds
• ½ cup shredded coconut
1. Combine all truffle ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly until the dough starts to come together.
2. Roll into small balls, and then place in the fridge for half an hour to set.
3. Melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler.
4. Pop a wooden skewer into each truffle, and then dip carefully into the chocolate.
5. Gently roll in crushed pumpkin seeds and shredded coconut.
6. Place on a plate lined with baking paper. Pop the truffles in the fridge for another half an hour or so to set.
• For more from Eleanor Ozich see petite-kitchen.com