We Love Clean Eats
Keep healthy with unrefined, organic wholefoods. Here, some new and old favourites to try in Auckland
1. Misters, 12 Wyndham St, City.
You'll find gluten and dairy free made-to-order meals at this recently opened city spot (above).
3. Wilder and Hunt, 15 Maskell St, St Heliers and 65 Mackelvie St, Ponsonby.
A wholefood, paleo and primal-friendly cafe and juice bar, with great take-home meal options.
4. Revive, 24 Wyndham and 33 Lorne St, City
Vegan, vegetarian and gluten free dishes are the focus, with the salad bar and daily hotpots other highlights.
5. Little Bird Unbakery, 385 New North Rd, Kingsland and 1a Summer Street, Ponsonby.
Raw instigators Little Bird have a legion of fans and are famous for their raw cheesecakes.
6. Craft Kitchen, 2 Ponsonby Rd, Ponsonby.
Hand-crafted, organic food at another of 2014's new offerings. Specialties include home-cured bacon, hand-milled flour and sugar-free baking.
7.Ethos Cafe, 34d Portage Rd, New Lynn.
Vegetarian, organic and super-healthy at the on-site cafe of East West Organics which opened early last year.
8. Kokako, 537 Great North Rd, Grey Lynn.
We love this coffee specialist for their vegetarian, organic and fair trade focus.
9. Cosset, 1087 New Nth Rd, Mt Albert.
This cute, retro-style cafe specialises in fair trade, organic, vegan, vegetarian and gluten free fare.
10. Sip Kitchen, 25 Apollo Dr, Mairangi Bay.
Head to Mairangi Bay for power-packed smoothies, cold-pressed juices, kombucha shots, raw cakes and super salads.