Coconut Cream Fudge Slice Recipe with Prunes and Lemon Zest
Try this recipe for a wholesome fudge slice by Eleanor Ozich
This recipe for seriously good coconut cream fudge slice is very flexible and easily adaptable. Make it once, get a good feel for how it works, then feel free to experiment with your favorite combinations of dried fruit and spices.
This slice is wonderfully nourishing, full of wholesome ingredients and good fats, making it an excellent choice for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up. I have used a lovely combination of prunes, cinnamon, vanilla, lemon zest and rolled oats, but you could also use rice or quinoa flakes as a gluten free alternative.
COCONUT CREAM FUDGE SLICE WITH PRUNES AND LEMON ZEST
Makes about 12 squares
½ cup prunes
½ cup dried figs*
2 cups rolled oats (rice or quinoa flakes also work well for a gluten free option)
1 cup shredded coconut
¾ cup coconut cream
½ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup coconut or muscovado sugar
zest of one lemon
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup coconut flakes for topping
*You could also use dates, apricots or any other dried fruit instead of figs and prunes.
1. Add the dried fruit to the food processor, and pulse until roughly chopped. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until combined.
2. Press evenly in to a slice tray lined with baking paper, and top with
the coconut flakes. Press down slightly.
3. Leave to set in the freezer for at least an hour before slicing in to squares.Share this:
- 4 Classic Trends That Will Instantly Update Your Work Wardrobe
- Cauliflower, Courgette & Chickpea Bake
- Louis Vuitton's Latest Celeb-Filled Campaign Is A Nostalgic Celebration Of Pop Culture
- Looks Of The Week 24/01/20
- The Rise & Rise Of New Zealand Pop Sensation Benee
- Still Cool: Ollies Ice Cream Parlour