Coconut Milk Crepes Recipe with Vanilla
Thin, gentle crepes, the kind that require tart tangy yoghurt and vanilla berry jam
COCONUT MILK CREPES & VANILLA BERRY JAM
For the berry jam:
• 2 cups fresh or frozen berries
• 2 heaped tablespoons honey
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• ½ cup water
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the crepes:
• 1 cup spelt
• 1 cup coconut milk
• 4 free range eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla
• pinch of salt
1. To make the jam, combine the berries, honey, vanilla extract and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a soft boil, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until thick and glossy.
2. Leave to cool a little before transferring to a medium sized glass jar. Will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.
3. Add all the crepe ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Grease a large skillet and place over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, then add 1/3 cup of the crepe batter to the pan, swirling the pan to coat the base. Cook for 1–2 minutes on each side, or until golden.
5. Repeat with the remaining batter, keeping the stack of cooked crepes warm in the oven if you like.
6. To serve, fill the crepes with natural yoghurt and a few dollops of vanilla berry jam. Enjoy warm.
• For more from Eleanor Ozich see petite-kitchen.com