Sweeten Your Day With This Coffee & Hazelnut Cake
Strong coffee, yoghurt and ground hazelnuts bring this cake to another level
Try this cake with walnuts and almonds also. Whatever is in the pantry.
COFFEE AND HAZELNUT CAKE RECIPE
1 ½ cups self-raising flour
1 Tbsp cocoa
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup caster sugar
½ cup ground hazelnuts
100g butter, melted
½ cup strong coffee, cooled
2 Tbsp yoghurt
¼ cup chopped hazelnuts, to decorate
20g butter, melted
1 cup icing sugar
1 Tbsp strong coffee
1. Preheat an oven to 170C. Line a 20cm tin with baking paper.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and sugar into a large bowl and add the hazelnuts.
3. Combine the butter, eggs, coffee and yoghurt. Pour into the dry ingredients and combine. Pour into the tin and smooth the top. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove and cool.
4. For the icing, place the butter in a bowl. Add icing sugar and coffee in two lots until smooth. Spread evenly over the cake and decorate with hazelnuts.Share this:
More Food & Drink
EASY WEEKDAY RECIPES
- Vegetable Bolognese
- These Buildable Chicken & Mayo Lettuce Cups Are Refreshingly Easy To Make
- Seared Kingfish With Fresh Greens
- This Crumbed Fish Toasted Sandwich With Pea Mash Is An Easy Lunch Idea
- Make The Most Of Your Pantry Staples With These Smart Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Recipes To Fuel Your Morning