Courgette Frittata Recipe with Pumpkin Crust
This frittata makes for a tasty, low carb meal
A traditional Italian frittata is cooked slowly on both sides. To create a similar version, line a pan with roasted pumpkin and fill with garlic flavoured courgettes, spinach and feta. Pour over the lightly whipped eggs, sprinkle with cheese and bake. This frittata makes for a tasty meal served warm or at room temperature with a side salad.
COURGETTE FRITTATA WITH PUMPKIN CRUST
• 400g peeled pumpkin, sliced thinly
• 3 Tbsps olive oil
• 3 medium courgettes, sliced thinly
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 cup shredded spinach
• 100g feta, crumbled
• 5 eggs
• 1/8 tsp nutmeg
• ½ cup milk
• ½ tsp salt and freshly ground pepper
• 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
• ½ cup tasty cheese
1. Line a 20cm ovenproof frying pan or pie dish with baking paper. Preheat an oven to 180C.
2. Onto a flat baking dish place the pumpkin and drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil. Bake for 30 minutes until softened. Season with salt.
3. Place the courgette and crush garlic onto another tray drizzle with a little oil and bake for 10 minutes to soften.
4. Line the frying pan with the pumpkin leaving a little sticking up. Layer in the courgettes, sprinkling the feta and spinach as you go.
5. In a bowl whisk the eggs, nutmeg, milk, salt, pepper and parsley together. Pour over the courgettes, sprinkle with cheese then place into the oven for 40 minutes or until set.Share this: