Crisp Roast Potatoes Recipe
Try this recipe for oven-roasted potatoes by Eleanor Ozich
The best kind of potatoes are those that are crisp and golden. In this recipe, I have roasted them in a mix of butter and olive oil for richness and flavour. The inclusion of sage is quite happy in the presence of the creamy fleshed potatoes. Rosemary, thyme and oregano would also work nicely here.
CRISP ROAST POTATOES RECIPE
Serves 4 as a side
• 12 small sized potatoes
• 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 Tbsp melted butter
• a handful of sage and parsley, finely sliced
• ½ cup green olives, pitted
• flaky sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C.
2. Wash and scrub the potatoes, then pat them dry using a tea towel.
3. Carefully cut fine slices in to each potato, stopping just before you cut through to the bottom so that the slices stay connected.
4. Arrange the potatoes snuggly in a roasting dish.
5. Combine the olive oil and butter in a small bowl, then brush each potato with the mixture ensuring they are well coated. Drizzle any remaining mixture on top.
6. Scatter the herbs and olives on top and then sprinkle generously with flaky sea salt.
7. Roast for about 1 hour, basting the potatoes 2-3 times in the oil/butter mixture. The potatoes are ready when golden and crispy on the edges and tender on the inside.
8. If your potatoes are smaller or larger, adjust cooking time accordingly.
• For more from Eleanor Ozich see petite-kitchen.com