Depot's Woodfired Cookie Skillet Recipe
To celebrate 10 years of Depot, chef Al Brown shares the recipe for his beloved chocolate chip dessert (which returns to the menu today)
Makes approximately 18 portions
460g melted butter, at room temperature
320g brown sugar
200g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla paste
465g all-purpose flour
35g skim milk powder
1 tsp flaky sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
420g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
120g roasted macadamia, roughly chopped and at room temperature
Vanilla bean ice-cream
Icing sugar, to dust
1. Melt butter and fry macadamias first and leave to cool to room temperature (if these are mixed in whilst still warm, the chocolate will melt).
2. In a mixer, add the melted butter and sugars, then beat together until smooth.
3. Beat in the eggs and vanilla essence until combined. Sift the flour, milk powder, flaky sea salt, baking powder and baking soda into the sugar mix, and gently bring together with a spoon to form a dough.
4. Fold through the chopped chocolate and nuts.
5. Place in fridge for 10 minutes.
6. Portion into 125g balls and flatten slightly.
7. Bring portion out to room temperature.
8. Cook for 7-10 minutes until just under-cooked in the middle.
9. Rest under heat lamp for 3 minutes to cook through.
10. Place vanilla ice-cream on, then cover it with Choc Wizz and a dust of icing sugar.Share this:
More Food & Drink
EASY WEEKDAY RECIPES
- Vegetable Bolognese
- These Buildable Chicken & Mayo Lettuce Cups Are Refreshingly Easy To Make
- Seared Kingfish With Fresh Greens
- This Crumbed Fish Toasted Sandwich With Pea Mash Is An Easy Lunch Idea
- Make The Most Of Your Pantry Staples With These Smart Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Recipes To Fuel Your Morning