Donna Hay's Balsamic Pot Roast Chicken
This one-pot chicken dinner is full of juicy flavour and is weeknight-friendly too
My sticky set-and-forget roast chicken will become your new family favourite. All the juicy flavour without the fuss — yes please! You can swap the parsnips for carrots — either way, this easy pot roast is a meal in itself!
BALSAMIC POT ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE
½ cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup good-quality chicken stock
¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
8 sprigs oregano
6 cloves garlic, halved
1 x 1.6kg whole chicken
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
1kg medium roasting potatoes, cut into large chunks
600g parsnips (about 3), peeled and halved
Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 220C.
2. Place the balsamic, stock, sugar, oregano and garlic into a deep ovenproof saucepan. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pan, breast-side down. Add the potatoes and parsnips and drizzle with oil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
3. Remove the lid and carefully turn the chicken over. Baste the chicken with the pan juices and cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Extracted with permission from One Pan Perfect by Donna Hay, $55, HarperCollinsShare this:
More Food & Drink
EASY WEEKDAY RECIPES
- Vegetable Bolognese
- These Buildable Chicken & Mayo Lettuce Cups Are Refreshingly Easy To Make
- Seared Kingfish With Fresh Greens
- This Crumbed Fish Toasted Sandwich With Pea Mash Is An Easy Lunch Idea
- Make The Most Of Your Pantry Staples With These Smart Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Recipes To Fuel Your Morning