Duck Island Ice Cream Has Finally Opened In Ponsonby
Scoop your way to happiness at the dreamy new pink parlour in the former Ponsonby Fire Station
We're almost screaming — icecream maestros Duck Island Ice Cream have made their Auckland debut.
The team has been looking to expand from their Hamilton home for a few years now, and the new parlour is in the refurbished former Ponsonby Fire Station next to Juliette Hogan and Huffer.
Choose your scoop from a core range of 24 deliciously inventive flavours, with around 40 per cent being dairy-free or vegan.
Owner Cameron Farmilo says popular flavours include salted caramel and cacao crumb, peppermint slice, and strawberry kaffir lime. The inspiration for flavours comes from researching the ice cream scene in the United States, says Cameron. But they are always experimenting, and flavours will rotate to introduce new ones each month.
WonderGroup has designed the space which features dreamy pastel pink tones, outdoor seating, and mosaic tile finishes.
- How The Bauhaus Movement Changed New Zealand Design
- Salted Maple Buckwheat Muesli
- Be Seduced By Irish Singer Hozier & Other Fun Things On This Weekend
- Designer Favourites: The Latest And Greatest Launches At The Milan Furniture Fair 2019
- Restaurant Review: Jervois Steak House, Ponsonby
- Meet Keva Rands, Designer Of Auckland-Based Fashion Label Papa Clothing