Where to Go for After Work Drinks and Nibbles
Check out our favourite places for an after work catch-up
1. Although renowned as a local watering-hole, The Golden Dawn's food selection goes way beyond bar snacks — think platters with roasted pecorino and kale dumplings or pork and fennel scratchings — served along with some of the best vibes in town.
— 134 Ponsonby Rd, Ponsonby, Auckland
2. Madame George on K Rd is a good spot for a quiet after-work drink where you can sit down and have a conversation over taro chips with kimchi salsa. They’re crunchy and delicious and made better with a sharp negroni.
— 490 Karangahape Rd, Auckland
3. Head to Scarlett Slimms in Mt Eden for the best chunky fries and aioli, even better when washed down with a mojito.
— 476 Mount Eden Rd, Mt Eden, Auckland
4. Enjoy the light and refreshing Korean glass noodle salad washed down with a Bang Bang cocktail from the bar at Mt Albert’s Chinoiserie.
— 4 Owairaka Ave, Mt Albert, Auckland
5. With the late afternoon sun pouring through the window, a glass of cold French Champagne and the Rockefeller Oyster Bar “Member of the Board” platter — think fresh, cured, smoked and confit fish — this is the perfect place to seal the deal in style.
— 104 Fanshawe St, Auckland
6. Coco's Cantina provides the perfect sunny spot for after work drinks and nibbles, with 5-7pm happy hour and bowls of crispy polenta fries ready to go.
— 376 Karangahape Rd, Auckland
7. Unpretentious gem 46 & York is only a stone’s throw away from the CBD. As well as an extensive wine list, there’s an impressive choice of cocktails and plenty of plates to nibble on.
— 46 Parnell Rd, Parnell, Auckland
8. Family-run restaurant Et Tu Bistro has a selection of generous sharing plates, an extensive offering of wine and craft beers and a sun-soaked courtyard to match.
— 532 Te Atatu Rd, Te Atatu Peninsula, Auckland
Lovebucket's Laura Lopez Lopez Shares Her Top Spots To Eat & Drink In Auckland
Saturday June 8, 2019
- Jesse Mulligan Reviews Paradise, Sandringham's Most Loved Curry House
- Stylish Socks To Add Pizzazz To Any Outfit
- A New Book Chronicles Yves Saint Laurent's Iconic Haute Couture Collections
- Live Like A Local: Podcaster Chris Gilbert In Tokyo
- Before Paris & Kim, Fashion Icon Gloria Vanderbilt Was The Original Influencer
- 8 Delicious Spots For a Long Lunch