Where to Eat: Bespoke Kitchen, Queenstown
This impressive cafe is tucked away in the quieter side of town
A hearty brunch with a focus on organic and raw ingredients is an ideal energy booster when you’re in Queenstown, particularly on a day filled with activities. Bespoke Kitchen is the newest addition to the town’s burgeoning cafe scene, tucked away in the quieter side of town on the corner of Isle and Brecon Sts — the latter sloping uphill towards the Skyline gondola and luge. It’s the perfect spot to relax and take in the surrounding vista, or sit outside by the outdoor fire in the depths of winter.
Named New Zealand’s Cafe of the Year, it was opened by Chris Vile, Rae Ellis and Michelle Freeman in June 2015. The trio have a passion for food, running another Queenstown institution, Vudu Cafe & Larder, in the centre of town. The original Vudu cafe on Beach St was opened by Michelle in 1997 but closed earlier this year — leaving plenty of momentum for Bespoke Kitchen to build on its fresh reputation as the best cafe in the country.
Those with a sweet tooth and a hearty mountain appetite can’t look past the stack of pancakes topped with raspberry chia jam, banana, whipped coconut and a healthy dose of maple syrup.
• Bespoke Kitchen, 9 Isle St, Queenstown. Open from 7.30am-5pm, Monday to Sunday.Share this:
- Celebrity Style: The Viva Team Share Their Famous Fashion Inspirations
- 11 Cool Blazers To Smarten Up Your Wardrobe
- Want To Create The Perfect Dinner Party? Turns Out There's A Science To It
- Your Autumn Beauty Update: Bold Blue Eyes, Frosted Finishes & Glossy Lips
- Gluten-Free Flan With Silverbeet & Cheese
- 8 Delicious Spots For a Long Lunch