Where to Go: Pop-Up Italian Restaurant Cotto, K Rd
Make a date asap for the handmade pasta at Cotto, open for only three months
Auckland's newest restaurant opens its doors on May 4 for only 12 weeks — so we recommend making a date asap for the pop-up pasta at Cotto on K Rd.
The new venture sees chefs Hayden Phiskie and John Pountney (ex The Refreshment Room and Delicious) take over the kitchen at 69 to create handmade pasta dishes daily from scratch, alongside handmade cheese, butter, pickles, preserves and bread.
Think spinach and goat's cheese dumplings in sage butter (pictured below), risotto with smoked gemfish, saffron and leek, and porcini, tomato and chilli maltagliati — though what's on offer will change up regularly. There's also a small dessert menu — we particularly like the sound of the burnt orange-caramel panna cotta.
Cotto simply means "cooked" in Italian, and Hayden says the seasonally focused menu, made up of affordable small plates designed to share from $5-$20, will be served in a "relaxed, no-fuss, canteen-style environment".
"The menu and pricing is all about Cotto's commitment to dining that is honest, simple and good value."
We can't wait to try it.
• Cotto opens May 4 at 69, 375 K Rd, Tuesday to Saturday, 5pm-11pm. No bookings accepted, walk-ins only. Visit @cotto_krdShare this:
- Where To Find The Best Cheap Eats In Tokyo
- Designer Clothing Pop-Ups Galore & Other Fun Things To Do This Weekend
- Where To Find Stylish Japanese Homewares In Auckland
- Where To Shop In Tokyo: 12 Of The Best Places To Buy Clothes
- Chocolate-Dipped Raw Peanut Butter Cookies
- 8 Delicious Spots For a Long Lunch