More raw: Wilder and Hunt opens in Ponsonby
Great news for health-conscious Ponsonby-ites: Wilder and Hunt has moved in. After noticing dedicated customers were driving from Ponsonby to St Heliers each week, Amy Gibson, owner of the wholefood, paleo and primal-friendly cafe and juice bar, decided to open her second location.
Though more seating and the addition of coffee are the main points of difference, Gibson also plans to hold more health-focused events, with weekly and bi-weekly seminars and workshops from the likes of wellness expert Dr Tammy Hume, The Organic Mechanic smoothie team, and Susan Somerville of Vital Life who'll speak on fermented foods.
There's a focus on inspiring breakfast options, such as chia puddings and acai bowls, and quick-fix wholesome lunches. Gibson points out that people find it harder to eat healthy breakfasts and lunches on-the-go, so really respond to the ready made food they stock. They also sell vegan smoothies, take-home dinners made in-house and by the team at That Good, and raw slices and cakes from The Raw Kitchen ...
and their own kitchen.
• 65 Mackelvie St, Ponsonby. Mon-Sun 7am-7pm.wilderandhunt.co.nz.Share this:
- Restaurant Review: Al Brown's Depot Is Better Than Ever
- Vintage Treasure Trove Love James Makes Its Glamorous Debut
- Learn Kintsugi, Peruse Some Paua & More Fun Things For The Weekend
- Warm & Fuzzy: It's Time To Play With Winter Layering
- Hunker Down With Garlicky Chicken & Cannellini Beans
- 8 Delicious Spots For a Long Lunch