New Openings This Week
Get a taste for a chilled espresso like you have never tried and other new flavours around town
Outspoken Coffee is a tiny cart created by John Waltmann that has popped up on Waiheke Island, serving cups of refreshing Kokako nitro cold brew. If you haven’t tried this before, it’s coffee poured in a similar way to a beer, giving it a slight fizz and a creamier texture than espresso on ice. John’s been hanging out at Little Oneroa Beach over the weekend — follow them on Instagram to keep up with their schedule.
• Visit Outspokencoffee.co.nz
Slice of Heaven
Bread might be the main drawcard, but the tempting shelves of Daily Bread — a brand new bakery, deli, and cafe from the Orphans Kitchen team — mean it’s hard to leave without an armful of treats.
You can pop in and pick up a loaf of still-warm bread and a rich cup of Coffee Supreme to take away, or head out to their sunny courtyard for a sit-down breakfast (with a side of dog-spotting). You can build your own breakfast or choose from the thoughtful menu, and the space is so open that as you line up to order, trays of brioches, croissants and danishes pop in and out of ovens and pastries are glazed before your eyes.
With treats galore and organic, naturally fermented bread to be had, Daily Bread is worth treating yourself to almost as often as its name suggests.
• 1210 Great North Rd, Pt Chev. Visit Dailybread.co.nz
Some of the minds behind Major Sprout, Camper Coffee and Geeks on Sainsbury have come together to create The Candy Store, a new all-day offering in Newmarket. From Korean-style pancakes for breakfasts to pasta and dumplings for dinner, each dish is packed with freshness and flavour. And the experts they have on board means coffee is sure to be perfect, every time.
• 2-8 Osbourne Lane, Newmarket. Visit Instagram.com/thecandyshopnz
DO YOU HAVE FOOD NEWS TO SHARE?
If you have information about a new opening, an event, a new menu or something interesting in the world of food, we'd love to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bar Magda Is Going To Be One Of The City's Great Modern Filipino Restaurants
Wednesday Aug. 11, 2021
- Discover A Dart-Shaped Holiday Home That Floats High On A Mangawhai Headland
- Ruby Harris’ Short Film 'Pet Day' Is An Idyllic Look At Growing Up Horseback Riding In Small Town Aotearoa
- Spaghetti With Prawns & Cockles
- Classical Studies: Clothes To Softly Tie, Wrap & Cascade Across Your Body
- The Dreamy Drop Earrings To Add To Your Jewellery Box Now
- 8 Delicious Spots For a Long Lunch