New Opening: Otherside Food Truck
Meet the new vegan food truck offering delicious, plant-based goods
With its pink-white-and-blue exterior, Otherside is a new food truck that’s hard to miss, and has a plant-based menu full of bright flavours to match. Owners Ellie Barron and Jordan Macann met while working in cafes in London and decided they wanted a project of their own.
“We wanted to open a cafe, but we realised a food truck’s even better, because we can go wherever people are,” Ellie says.
They’re vegan themselves, and Otherside’s menu aims to show how “beautiful and colourful” plant-based food can be. For breakfast there are vibrant, fruity açaí bowls (below), smoothies and Flight Coffee — a brand they picked because of its commitment to quality.
In the evenings, try their Jamaican jerk bowl with quinoa, amaranth, slaw, mango salsa, jerk tofu and an avocado sauce. Their kimchi burrito has also proven to be a hit, with brown rice, chipotle, miso kumara, beans, kimchi, cashew sour cream and avocado wrapped inside a toasted tortilla.
Ellie and Jordan have sold every last bite at each appearance so far and have a summer of festivals and markets planned, with new dishes and desserts popping up along the way.
- Jesse Mulligan Reviews Japanese Restaurant Taiko In Kingsland
- Meet The Model: Get To Know Nagisa Chauveau
- Award-Winning Hairstylist Danny Pato Wins Big At This Year's Hair Expo
- 6 Japanese Beauty Products To Add To Your Skincare Regime
- Beauty News: The Kiwi Businesses Making Big Moves
- 8 Delicious Spots For a Long Lunch