Soul Bar and Bistro's New Refit
Soul has undergone a three-week transformation
“It wasn’t just me having a tinker,” says Judith Tabron as she surveys her reborn Soul Bar and Bistro.
Indeed not. Twenty-four hours from take-off, and it’s not just the chefs in a prepping frenzy at the premier Viaduct address; builders and assorted other tradies are hard-hatted at it too.
A three-week project has seen the iconic Soul stripped back to its shell and a complete architectural rebuild undertaken. By the time you read this, it will be back to business as usual.
It’s the first total refit since Judith opened the place in 2001. Why? It needed to be modernised, she says. ”It didn’t feel broken, it just needed some love.”
Of that, there is plenty. The new look includes a more open kitchen, a higher ceiling, some voluptuous lighting, a spankingly new colour scheme, an oyster bar and a new menu designed to address changes in palates and tastes. It’s swish as swish can be.
Fifteen years. That’s a long time in restaurant terms. “People have met here, got married and now their kids are 14 years old,” says Judith, laughing.
Now it’s bright and shiny, sleek and sophisticated and Judith is celebrating with a VIP relaunch party “Soul Just Got More Soul’ on August 11. There will be drinks, canapes, dancing and entertainment organised by Peter Urlich with the Hipstamatics adding their touch of soul music.
Enter to win a double pass to the Soul Relaunch party.
- Hat Tricks: The Best Summer Hats To Buy Right Now
- Add Some Spanish Sizzle To Your Summer Wardrobe With This Accessories Edit
- Make An Entrance With These Impactful Clothes & Accessories
- Don't Miss This Photography Exhibition Tracing New Zealand's Botanical History
- Top Of The Drops: New Zealand Wines Win Big At Global Competition
- 8 Delicious Spots For a Long Lunch