Where to Go: Regatta in Takapuna
Takapuna's food scene keeps growing, with the latest development overlooking the beach and reserve. Alongside casual eatery Franc's and Japanese restaurant Tokyo Bay, is Regatta, a breezy, nautical-themed restaurant taking inspiration from the neighbouring Takapuna Boating Club, with striped shirts on staff and a 'Welcome Aboard' sign at the door.
The Barworks Hospitality Group eatery has a focus on seafood and chef Richard Highnam, former owner of Hawkes Bay's The Old Church Restaurant, at the helm in the kitchen.
• Open 7 days for lunch and dinner. The Strand, Takapuna, regattabar.co.nz.
- Inside A Music Industry Couple's Charming Waiheke Island Home
- This Kiwi Start-Up Plans To Take Homegrown Oat Milk To The World
- How To Make Flavoured Seaweed & Sesame Butter
- Singer-Songwriter Reb Fountain's Bright New Direction
- Five Local Music Acts On Their Dream Show & Top Festival Tips
- 8 Delicious Spots For a Long Lunch