Where to Go: Regatta in Takapuna
Takapuna's food scene keeps growing, with the latest development overlooking the beach and reserve. Alongside casual eatery Franc's and Japanese restaurant Tokyo Bay, is Regatta, a breezy, nautical-themed restaurant taking inspiration from the neighbouring Takapuna Boating Club, with striped shirts on staff and a 'Welcome Aboard' sign at the door.
The Barworks Hospitality Group eatery has a focus on seafood and chef Richard Highnam, former owner of Hawkes Bay's The Old Church Restaurant, at the helm in the kitchen.
• Open 7 days for lunch and dinner. The Strand, Takapuna, regattabar.co.nz.
- 'Helmut Newton: The Bad & The Beautiful': Behind The Portrait Of A Polarising Fashion Photographer
- Donna Hay's Pan Kale & Feta Quiche
- Loxy's Kate Jarrett On How To Maintain Your Hair Extensions During Lockdown
- Nigel Slater's Green Olive & Thyme Focaccia
- Makeup Influencer Tania Kwok's Bold Strokes
- 8 Delicious Spots For a Long Lunch