Fennel Salad Recipe
Try this delicious roasted fennel salad recipe by Eleanor Ozich
Marrying unexpected textures and flavours to one another is one of the most beautiful pleasures of cooking. This fennel salad recipe is made with earthy fresh rosemary, a few handfuls of peppery rocket leaves, plump juicy cherry tomatoes and sharp lemony vinaigrette. Eleanor Ozich of Petite Kitchen shares her latest recipe.
FENNEL SALAD RECIPE
• 2 bulbs of fennel, ends and fronds removed, then finely sliced
• 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
• Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
• 3 large handfuls of rocket leaves
• 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, each sliced in half
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• Juice of one lemon
• Flaky sea salt
• Ground pepper
• Edible flowers to serve (optional)
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 C, and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Lay the fennel slices on the tray and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Scatter the rosemary leaves over the top and then season well with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until slightly crisp on the edges. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
3. Toss the roasted fennel with the remaining salad ingredients, and then season to taste if needed. Transfer to a serving bowl.
• For more from Eleanor Ozich see petite-kitchen.com