New Eateries to Try in Auckland
From a toast cafe to an inner-city brewery, these are the new spots to visit in Auckland
1. Proving once again the Food Truck Garage is much bigger than a kitchen on wheels, the healthy eatery has opened a takeaway outpost in Ponsonby, complementing the dine-in City Works Depot restaurant and Wynyard Quarter joint. Headed up by Anthony McNamara, former head chef at Waiheke’s Oyster Inn, the new spot will serve classics such as the beefroot burger and burrito bowl, as well as updated menu items.
— 234 Ponsonby Road
2. The United Blend, which owns coffee brands Karajoz, Velo and Organico, has opened a working showroom to test and showcase the different blends roasted on site. Open to the public Monday-Friday, the Shot Bar also offers treats such as dates and chocolate-dipped walnuts, pastries and house-made baguettes.
— 3 Virginia Ave, Eden Terrace.
3. Auckland has a toast cafe, with Yeshe Dawa of The Midnight Baker opening a new space at the spot once occupied by Vinyl. Here you will find her popular Freedom Loaf, alongside great coffee.
— 218 Dominion Rd, Mt Eden
4. Aleks Lazic, the restaurateur behind Auckland’s Montreal-style eateries Al’s Deli, has this week opened a brewery in the CBD. Al’s Brew House is offering a more sophisticated version of the deli menu alongside house-made craft beers and cocktails.
— 12 O’Connell St
5. Good food and company is the ethos behind Moxie, serving hearty dishes such as roasted bone marrow and sticky pork-filled milk buns in an “honest” environment.
— 82 Hinemoa St, Birkenhead.
6. Find Polynesian-inspired street food, cocktails and wine with views out toward Auckland city at restaurant and bar 69, now open.
— 375 Karangahape Rd
More Food & Drink
EASY WEEKDAY RECIPES
- Vegetable Bolognese
- These Buildable Chicken & Mayo Lettuce Cups Are Refreshingly Easy To Make
- Seared Kingfish With Fresh Greens
- This Crumbed Fish Toasted Sandwich With Pea Mash Is An Easy Lunch Idea
- Make The Most Of Your Pantry Staples With These Smart Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Recipes To Fuel Your Morning