Fresh Ginger, Apple and Walnut Loaf
Try Angela Casley's delicious fresh ginger, apple and walnut loaf
FRESH GINGER, APPLE AND WALNUT LOAF
100g brown sugar
Zest of ½ orange
½ tsp ground ginger
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 cup sliced apple
1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
½ tsp baking soda dissolved in 1 Tbsp boiling water
150ml natural yoghurt
1. Heat an oven to 170C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper, cutting into the corners to ensure it sits snugly.
2. Place the flour, 80g sugar, butter, zest, ginger and grated ginger in a bowl. Rub with your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Sprinkle the remainder of the sugar on the base of the tin and spread the apple slices and half the walnuts. Add the remaining nuts to the flour mix.
4. In a small bowl beat the egg with baking soda and yoghurt. Pour into the dry mixture and combine well. Pour into your lined tin. Bake for 50 minutes.Share this:
- How'd Anna Wintour Do It? The Unauthorised Biography With An Answer
- This Pumpkin & Parsnip Soup With Olive Focaccia Will Make Any Day Cosier
- Restaurant Review: Everyone Is A Winner At New Ponsonby Restaurant Lucky 8
- Add A String Of Darling Baubles To Your Winter Look With These 8 Necklaces
- The Craveable New Experience That's About To Turn Ellerslie Into A Feasting Playground
- Still Cool: Ollies Ice Cream Parlour