Gingernut Biscuits Recipe with Orange Zest
These spiced biscuits from Eleanor Ozich are made with nut butter and ground ginger
Deeply spiced, these gingernut biscuits have a slight hint of orange zest. I rather enjoy their golden and crisp exterior, their middle, tender and soft. I can’t help but enjoy one or two, warm, straight from the oven. Serve with creamy milk for dipping.
GINGERNUT ALMOND BISCUITS WITH ORANGE ZEST
Makes 15 biscuits
1 cup nut butter (I used homemade almond)
½ cup coconut, muscovado or rapadura sugar
2 tsp ground ginger
zest of one orange
1 free range egg
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a tray with baking paper.
2. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. The dough will be a little sticky.
3. Using damp hands, roll into small balls and place 2 cm apart on the baking tray. Press down gently using your fingers or a fork. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden and still soft in the center.
4. Allow to cool completely on the tray, they will harden as they do.
5. Will keep for 3-4 days stored in an airtight container.Share this: